Featured: High Performance Computing
The service offers you a comprehensive range of high performance computing (HPC) resources, i.e., servers with high processing power, large memory or disk space, or a powerful high speed interconnect for parallel applications, along with the corresponding consulting services.
What this service offers to you
- parallel data- and compute-intensive applications
- run numerical simulations
- run big data analysis
- run e.g. bioinformatic applications
- variety of software modules available
- run your complex model computations
- run your extensive data analysis for your research
- process your department-owned resources
- use not standardized servers if you have software with special server requirements
- consulting services on the use of HPC via the GWDG’s HPC-Team
Further information and support
The service is hosted at GWDG and usable with a valid account connected to member institutions of the University of Göttingen and the Max-Planck Society. Usage of the service is accounted in a fictious currency, so called Work Units (“Arbeitseinheiten”, AE). For the current pricing, see the Dienstleistungskatalog.