The eResearch Alliance can function as partner in research projects at the Göttingen Campus. In the scope for cooperations are especially those projects that employ digital tools and methods in their research, and that are interested in shaping the digital infrastructure at the Göttingen Campus.
In these fields a project cooperation with the eResearch Alliance is possible:
- Research Data Management (partnership in CRC-INF-projects, publication of research data and scientific collections in available storage offers at the campus)
- Technical infrastructure (Extension of existing infrastructure)
- Research (Further development e.g. of procedures or tools, publication of research results)
- Teaching (Trainings or dissemination)
Please note that the eResearch Alliance is not an independent provider of resources. In project cooperations we work mainly on the basis of IT-Resources of GWDG, SUB and UMG-IT.
Software Development as a Service
If you need help with developing software for your research project, we can offer to develop your research software for you. If you are missing some specific expertise in order to develop software within your project, our software engineers can consult you on code quality, versioning, licensing and transfer into controlled operation. Our group of software engineers and project managers from different disciplines works by employing agile methods to develop software for various research purposes, e.g.:
- Web based systems for search, presentation and verification
- Digital collections and online editions
- Visualisation of research data
- Text and data mining
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Data modeling and migration
- Development of repositories
- Software quality and sustainability
How To Use this Service
Contact us with your specific software request. At an initial personal meeting, we determine the requirements, define solution approaches and clarify required effort and billing modalities. In a second step the possible time frame of realisation is being settled. The implementation then takes place in a constant exchange, since we are developing incrementally based on agile principles. We are looking forward to working with you!