14.05.2018: GeTS Workshop zu "Workflow Management and Documentation"
As part of the Göttingen eResearch Toolbox Series (GeTS), the eResearch Alliance organizes a workshop on Workflow Management and Documentation.
The event will take place on Monday, 14th May 2018 from 11-16 at the „Großer Seminarraum“ on the first floor in the central library building (Zentralbibliothek), Platz der Göttinger Sieben 1 (directions). The workshop will cover short presentations and discussions about key aspects and different flavors of workflow management and documentation in academic research. We would like to bring together different pioneers and interested parties from all research areas, especially at the Göttingen Campus (but also at other locations), for an exchange of experiences on different workflow management approaches.
Speakers and topics
- Christoffer Brünig (UMG Biobank): Process organization, standardization and documentation in a clinical biobank
- Mustafa Dogan (SUB): Taverna – a domain independent framework for scientific workflows
- Thomas Lingner (Genevention GmbH): Describing portable analysis workflows with the Common Workflow Language
- Manuel Nietert (UMG): KNIME as a generic tool for workflow creation, adaptation, management and documentation
- Andreas Leha (UMG): Galaxy as a generic tool for bioinformatics workflow management and documentation
- Sven Bingert (GWDG): Orange 3 as a tool for workflow management in data analysis
- Peter Kiraly (GWDG): Workflow management and documentation for the Metadata Quality Assurance Framework (link)
- Marcel Parciak (UMG): PROV@TOS: Capturing Provenance of Talend Open Studio based Data Integrations