Data Science Summer School 2020
! The 2020 event has been cancelled due to the Corona pandemic !
This program is aiming on students who have completed their bachelor degree already. Basic knowledge of one or more programming languages is expected.
The (general) Topics: Giving an overview on the multilayered topics and methods belonging to Data Science. Such as
- Deal with the Data Lifecycle
- Best Practices in Data Management
- Methods (Modelling, Statistics, Mining, …)
- Infrastructures and platforms
- Application examples
- Ethical, legal, and social aspects
Lecturers from several disciplines enable cross-disciplinary insights:
- Computer Science
- (Statistical) Bioinformatics
- Engineering Sciences
The Organisation: The Summer School is organized jointly by the Institute of Computer Science, Göttingen International, the GWDG’s and SUB’s joint service unit on research data management – Göttingen eResearch Alliance, and the University Medical Centre.