Data Science Summer School 2018
In 2018 Göttingen University hosted again an International Summer School on Data Science.
The Date: August 02-16, 2018
The Location: Alte Mensa, Göttingen
The Topics: The focus laid on providing an overview of the multilayered topics and methods belonging to Data Science. Such as
- Deal with the Data Lifecycle
- Best Practices in Data Management
- Methods (Modeling, Statistics, Mining, …)
- Infrastructures and platforms
- Application examples
- Ethical, legal, and social aspects
The Lectures: Lecturers from several disciplines enabled cross-disciplinary insights:
- Computer Science
- (Statistical) Bioinformatics
- Engineering Sciences
The Participants: The Summer School welcomed 32 participants with 16 different nationalities coming from institutions in 9 different countries. The participants were granted 3 ETCS for their work during the course.
The Organisation: The Summer School is organized jointly by the Institute of Computer Science, Göttingen International, the GWDG’s and SUB’s joint service unit on research data management – Göttingen eResearch Alliance, and the University Medical Centre.
Responsible organizational Team:
- Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour (Institute for Computer Science)
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Sax (Institute for Medical Informatics)
- Dr. Sven Bingert (GWDG)
- Timo Gnadt (Göttingen eResearch Alliance, SUB)
- Dr. Katharina Jannasch (Göttingen International)
- Lena Steilen (Göttingen eResearch Alliance, GWDG)