menoci-based Research Data Platform
Several research projects from the life sciences use the software modules menoci as basis for a data platform that is designed for their project-specific needs. You can access links to their data platforms by clicking on the logos below.
menoci itself is a collection of open source Drupal extension modules that can be used to rapidly deploy an integrated website and data management portal for research projects in the biomedical and life sciences.
Features of menoci-based platforms:
You can make use of any combination of the following modules:
- Commons: shared libraries, group and subproject handling
- Data Archive: store and share data packages (using the GWDG service CDSTAR as a backend storage service)
- Literature: publication list
- Wikidata: optional extension of the publication list, that cross-references Wikidata pages of registered articles
- Antibody Catalogue: track antibodies used in the project
- Mouse Line Catalogue: track mouse lines and specimen used in the project
- Standardized format for managing and displaying the scientific track record of your project (peer-reviewed article, published datasets, preprints, etc.)
- Documenting and displaying of all resources linked to the published data
- Keeping track of key assets for a biomedical experiments:
- Mouse lines and mice,
- Cell lines and cell models (iPSC, hiPSC)
- Laboratory notebooks
- Storing research data in CDSTAR and publishing datasets with persistent resolvable identifiers from the ePIC consortium.
Further information and support
The menoci modules are administrated in the projects mentioned above and are being further developed and maintained by the University Medical Center Göttingen, Department of Medical Informatics, and Scientific Data Center Göttingen, GWDG.