Share Your Data: Data and Publication Repositories
A certified and trusted data repository is the ideal safe haven for your data and an interesting option to make your research data increase your scientific impact.
There are several factors which can influence the choice of the right repository, such as:
- Does a discipline specific repository already exist?
- If the research data accompany a publication, which requirements does the publisher have?
- Are there any legal restrictions to account for? (copyright, data protection, embargo periods required in the project’s context)
How to find a repository?
- The largest registry of research data repositories is re3data
- The world's authoritative and quality-assured directory of open access repositories is OpenDOAR
- repositories can also be found via the data citation index (Thompson Reuters, commercial)
Repositories and offers at Göttingen Campus:
For text publication:
- GOEDOC: General publication server of Göttingen University
- GoeScholar: Göttingen University document server for peered reviewed publications
For data publication:
- GFBio: German platform for biological data, with partners from Göttingen Campus
- HDC: Humanities Data Center for research data in the humanities
- TextGrid Repository (Humanities), with partners from Göttingen Campus
- DARIAH-DE Repository: The DARIAH-DE repository as a digital long-term archive for human and cultural-scientific research data
General and discipline specific repositories (selection):
- arXiv: e-print service in the fields of physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance and statistics
- B2SHARE: A user-friendly, reliable and trustworthy way for researchers, scientific communities and citizen scientists to store and share small-scale research data from diverse contexts with access management control. B2SHARE is a EUDAT service, sponsored by the European Commission.
- CLARIN-D Overview of German archives for language related research data
- DRYAD: The Dryad repository provides a general-purpose home for a wide diversity of scientific datatypes and collaborates with many publishers.
- figshare: Online digital repository for publications, figures, datasets, images, and videos operated by Macmillan Publishers. It is free to upload content and free to access, in adherence to the principle of Open Data.
- GenBank: DNA sequence data bank of the National Institutes of Health
- GESIS Data publication and registration services (Leibniz-Insititut für Sozialwissenschaften) (Social Sciences)
- Laudation (Long-term Access and Usage of Deeply Annotated Information), Open Access Research Data Repository for historical Corpora at HU Berlin
- List with data centres in social and economic sciences
- Zenodo: Repository for all research outputs from across all fields of science and any file format which promotes Open Access, but also allows restricted access. Zenodo is a service funded by the European Commission under the project OpenAIREplus.
If you cannot identify a suitable repository via re3data.org, amongst the Göttingen Campus offers or within our selection above, we will be glad to help you. Please contact us! Check also the section Cite your Data and learn how to make your data findable and citable and how to receive credits for sharing or publishing your data.