Research data: Store, Share, Publish, Cite
Storing research data according to the FAIR data principles fosters the transparency as well as the efficiency of research in general. Well-described data can be found by searching in discipline-specific or general purpose repositories, accessed and reused according to the attached licenses, and cited through using persistent identifiers. Below, we have listed available services at the Göttingen Campus any beyond to assist you in finding a safe and useful place for storing and publishing your data, or for simply sharing it with your colleagues.
Store & Share @ Göttingen Campus
- Store, sync and share data between your devices, with colleagues on the Göttingen Campus and with project partners
Repositories @ Göttingen Campus
- Göttingen Research Online Data Repository: General purpose data repository for the Göttingen Campus
- DARIAH-DE Repository: Digital long-term archive for human and cultural-scientific research data
- TextGrid Repository: Digital preservation archive for human sciences research data
Persistent Identification @ Göttingen Campus
- DOIs: SUB Göttingen acts as a DataCite member in Germany with the focus on digital humanities based on the library's experiences gathered in historic and current roles for managing Humanities knowledge resources. Learn how to obtain a DOI for your research data here.
- ePIC PID: The GWDG hosts a service that offers to create a persistent identifier (PID) to a digital object. The service is part of ePIC, an international collaboration to build a trustworthy high-availability service. ePIC was founded in 2009 by a consortium of European partners in order to provide PID services for the European Research Community, based on the Handle system, for the allocation and resolution of persistent identifiers.
- When publishing data in the DARIAH-DE Repository, they are assigned both ePICs as well as DOIs.