The next Göttingen Summer School on Data Science will be held from August 02 to Augsut 16 2018.
This two-week program aims at advanced MA- and beginning PhD students from any discipline who are interested in learning about the many facets of data science. In a series of lectures, the participants will be introduced to the field of data science from different vantage points. Practical sessions will allow students to apply different theories and methods in practice, both individually and in teams.
Topics will cover:
- Data management, Data sharing and Data publication
- Open Science
- Legal and ethical aspects (e.g. Licensing, Copyright)
- Infrastructures and Platforms (HPC, CloudComputing, CloudStorage)
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods
- Data processing I (eg. Text, Image and Database Analysis)
- Data processing II (eg. Visualization & storytelling)
- Application Examples
Registration is open now - Deadline for Application: Jan 26 2018!
More information and registration under http://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/data+science/575381.html.